Applications for employment can be found at the link directly below. If you experience any problems with submitting an online application, please contact the human resources department at 770-974-3112.
Only completed applications will be accepted. There is no need for additional paperwork at this time (i.e. resumes and reference letters). Applicants who have not completed a basic mandate course for a sworn police officer position, will typically begin their career with the Acworth Police Department serving in our Detention Facility. We routinely recruit members from our Detention Facility to fill open sworn patrol officer positions. Many officers find it beneficial to begin their law enforcement career in the Detention Facility where they are able to learn valuable skills that cannot be learned anywhere else. If you desire to start a new and exciting career in law enforcement, we encourage you to consider joining our family. Our department enjoys overwhelming community support and we strive to reciprocate by providing the best and most professional police services possible. This begins with hiring the right people who are dedicated to serving our citizens!
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave: Accumulated at a rate of 8 hours per month, and the city participates in a sick leave buy back program
- Fitness Center
- Employer Matched 401A: We participate in the Georgia Municipal Association Employees Retirement System
- Excellent Health Coverage: Including Medical, Dental, and Vision as well as Aflac!
- Paid Training
- Take-Home Car Program: Sworn personnel are assigned take-home vehicles
- 12 hour shifts: Only works 14 days a month!
- Specialized Units: K-9, Traffic, Criminal Investigations, Undercover Narcotics, and Community Affairs
- At least 21 years of age for Patrol. At least 18 years of age for Detention.
- High school diploma or GED for Detention. POST Certified Peace Officer for patrol.
- GA Driver's License
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to perform the duties expected of a Patrol/Detention Officer.
- College degree, prior service, or experience preferred.
For all employment questions please contact us at email@example.com