Applications for employment can be picked up at the Records Division of the police department or downloaded online. All applications must brought to the police department or mailed to:
4440 Acworth Industrial Drive
Acworth, Georgia 30101.
Only completed applications will be accepted. There is no need for additional paperwork at this time (i.e. resumes and reference letters). The Acworth Police Department does not typically hire civilians who have not completed a basic mandate course for a sworn police officer position. We do hire civilians for open positions in our Detention Facility. We often recruit members from our Detention Facility to fill open positions on the road. Many people find it beneficial to begin their law enforcement career in the Detention Facility, although being hired as a Detention Officer does not guarantee a position in the Patrol Division. We only seek applicants who are dedicated to serving the citizens of Acworth. The police department is entrusted with a great deal of responsibility that we take seriously.
View Patrol Job Description
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave: Accumulated at a rate of 8 hours per month, and the city participate in a sick leave buy back program
- Fitness Center
- Employer Matched 401A: We participate in the Georgia Municipal Association Employees Retirement System
- Excellent Health Coverage: Including Medical, Dental, and Vision as well as Aflac!
- Paid Training
- Take-Home Car Program: Sworn personnel are assigned take-home vehicles
- 12 hour shifts: Only works 14 days a month!
- Specialized Units: K-9, Traffic, Criminal Investigations, Undercover Narcotics, and Community Affairs
- At least 21 years of age for Patrol. At least 18 years of age for Detention.
- High school diploma or GED for Detention. POST Certified Peace Officer for patrol.
- GA Driver's License
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to perform the duties expected of a Patrol/Detention Officer.
- College degree, prior service, or experience preferred.