Contact Lieutenant King
Due to the seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic and the threat to the health of the inmates and our staff, we are temporarily suspending visitation.
All visitors must present a valid identification and sign in the visitor’s log. All visitors must be on the approved visitor’s list and have signed a GCIC consent form. The consent form can only be signed Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- All visitors are required to sign the visitation log.
- All visitors are required to turn over all funds, packages, and gifts for the inmate to the detention officer before being allowed to visit.
- Proper attire is required for all visitors
- Visitors must be a minimum of 18 years of age unless they are a part of the inmate’s immediate family.
- Visitors are subject to being searched by departmental staff at any time. Refusal to submit to this search is grounds for terminating the visit.
- Any visitor who brings or attempts to bring any item of contraband into the department will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Visitors who are intoxicated or displaying uncooperative behavior will not be permitted to visit with inmate(s).
- Inmates and visitors must conduct themselves appropriately at all times. When an inmate or visitor does not properly conduct themselves, the detention officer in charge is to discontinue the visit.
- Visitors are to leave the visiting area when instructed to do so by the detention staff.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter any other area in the department unless under escort by an officer.
- All visitors are to leave the department through the Acworth lobby.